At Boat Outfitters, we proudly partner with organizations that are dedicated to protecting valuable marine resources. The Coastal Conservation Association Network (CCA) is a national, non-profit marine organization that acts as an advocate for the sustainable health of coastal fisheries and for recreational anglers’ interests. The organization supports projects from coast to coast on local, state and national levels, ranging from funding marine-science scholarships to building artificial reefs.
The Florida Chapter of the CCA is one of 17 state chapters. Locally, the Orlando, Florida chapter has worked steadfastly to promote awareness of marine conservation topics through community involvement. For the past three years, we’ve shown our support for the CCA Orlando Chapter not only by becoming members, but also through donations and attendance at fundraising events. This year, we are excited to continue showing our support by attending their 20th Annual BBQ and Auction.
In addition, we will be donating the following awesome items to be auctioned off in an effort to raise both awareness and funds for the organization’s many noteworthy projects:
We invite you to join us at the BBQ and show your support for a great organization! For information on the event or to learn more about The Coastal Conservation Association of Florida, please visit their website at www.ccaflorida.org.
3 Rod Kite Fishing Rod Holder with Rigging Tray
Deluxe Dock Fillet Table
Sand Spike Beer Pong Table Set
Deep Drop Weight Bucket and Storage Insert
If you are venturing out to shop for a saltwater fishing boat there are a few options and boat accessories you may want to look for. Whether you’re trolling, bottom fishing, kite fishing or deep dropping there are a few boat features to make your day on the water more enjoyable. many of these options will include livewells, rod holders and boat rocket launchers. You will have many things to consider and hopefully this list will guide you in the right direction.
- Livewell: Having a large livewell for your bait fish is mandatory. You should also explore additional options for your livewell system such as livewell lights, clear lids, and oxygen systems. In addition to these options find out how easy it is to fill and empty your system and whether or not water recirculates. Look for round livewells since the lack of corners will cause less injury to your baitfish.
- Large Fishboxes. Nothing worse than having a large catch and not enough storage for that catch. Large fishboxes boxes keep your catch out of the way, your boat organized and your deck clean.
- Boat Console: Pay close attention to your console. Is it a center or side console? Is there ample room to walk around the console? Is there room for all of your desired gauges and electronics? Is there a boat glove box or pull out storage? The boat console is one of the most important aspects of your boat and you should ensure it is adequate for your style of fishing.
- Non-Skid Decks: Non-skid decks are a safety issue and should be a standard feature on your saltwater fishing boats.
- Lockable Storage: Make sure you have plenty of rod storage. There is nothing worse than having a bunch of rods scattered all over your boat. Make sure you have ample storage with locks to keep your rods safe and secure.
- Rod Holders: Whether fishing or riding from spot to spot having plenty of rod holders will keep your boat organized and rods ready to go when needed. The more rod holders the better.
- Tackle Storage: Not having enough tackle storage is a common problem with most saltwater fishing boats. Both large and small boat models typically are lacking enough tackle storage. Many times you may need to add custom tackle storage even when purchasing the best boats on the market.
- Fresh water Washdown: This is a comfort feature that you will enjoy. For those rough days or hot days there is nothing better than fresh water washdown systems to rinse your boat or yourself.
- Anchor Storage: This is often times overlooked when shopping for the perfect boat. Look for a designated anchor storage system. On larger boats I would consider an anchor system.
- Boat Rocket Launcher: If you’re shopping for larger saltwater fishing boats or sport fishing boats you will want to consider a boat rocket launcher. Rocket launchers can have additional options such as rod holders, work trays or storage.
While we cannot possibly consider all of the standard and optional features available in today’s boats. Hopefully of few of these options will give you something to consider when shopping for your next saltwater fishing boat.
If you’re looking for additional boat rod storage you have many options to choose from. If you have a center console you can install the standard vertical fishing rod holder also referred to as rod racks. Rod racks can be installed on each side of your center console and can hold 2, 3 or 4 rods. The rods are held upright in a vertical position. The rod holders are usually made from aluminum, marine grade PVC or marine grade plastic such as from King Starboard. Additional finish options include gold anodized finish and a satin finish which is gaining in popularity. Plastic or PVC fishing rod holders typically come in white or black.
Boat Outfitters offers boat rod holders or rod racks with additional storage options for items such as pliers, knives, and Boga Grip Holders. The boat rod holder tube is typically made from PVC and has a cutout in the tube to hold your rod in place at the reel seat. The rods are held in a vertical potion extending up from the center console. These boat rod holders make for a great rod storage solution for just about any center console application.
You can install 1 set or take full advantage of each side of your center console and install one on each side. You can easily install the rod holder with a drill and screw driver. Be sure to us high quality marine grade stainless steel screws when installing your rod holders. Use a marine sealer in all holes required for installation.
Another area to consider installing boat rod holders is on the sides of your boat. Many boats come with side mounted fishing rod holders however, many do not. This is a preferred place to store your rods since they will be tucked under out of your way. Gunwale mounted rod holders usually come in two pieces, the first piece will be for the butt end of the rod while the other piece will be for the tip of the rod. The rod holders will typically come with some form of tie down like a bungee cord to ensure the rods stay in the rod holder.
Use caution when installing side or gunwale mounted boat rod holders. If you do have a double walled gunwale or some form of backing for accessories you will end up drilling through your boat. As with the vertical boat rod holders be sure and use marine grade stainless steel mounting hardware and sealant to properly seal the screw holes. Side mounted boat rod holders are mostly made from PVC or King Starboard plastics much like the vertical, console mounted rod holders.
If you are lacking proper rod storage in your open fisherman, flats boats or any type of center console boat you can easily solve this problem with standard rod racks or gunwale mounted boat rod holders. If you have a lot of rods install both, you could easily add rod storage and protection for up to 14 or more rods.
Boat Outfitters has a large selection of boat rod holders to help organize and protect your valuable investment. Made from quality marine grade components and stainless steel hardware we have the best solution for your rod holder needs. We carry Vertical rod holders for center console application and horizontal boat rod holders for your gunwale. We have several models and material options and reasonable prices. Check them out today in our Boat Rod Holders department or call us at (866) 633-7961. We’re here to help!